Monday 2 May 2011

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Research: My DVD collection.
I spent a lot of time just watching the first few minutes of so of almost my entire collection, looking for those subtle differences which differentiates good films to great ones. Picking my four main titles, I then watched these more thoroughly, picking up on techniques. So my DVD player is a great resource, I found.

Filming: I used a HD camcorder by Sony, it featured a wide screen display, yet not a viewfinder, which I found quite difficult to be without, as the display consumes a lot of power, I would often use the viewfinder to save that precious resource on other shoots. I chose not to use a tripod, as I do have a rather steady arm, I used my limb. As the frame was not completely stiff, yet only slightly moving I found this made my film come to life more, as reflected in my audience reception. By using the HD format I found my film looked more professionally made as a whole and would easily be replicable on the big screen in it's current format.

Soundtrack: I used the website soundtrack to contact unsigned artists and hear their music. The track I chose by a group called '1984' was a electronic track which reached a crescendo, just the right fit for my film.
I used a recording studio to make some additional audio clips, such as the 'Welcome to the stage' speech in the final few seconds of the film. By using the sound board I changed the normal sounding speech into that coming out of a PA system.

Editing: I used iMovie, the free program on all Macs, it was easy to use and had a lot of features, making it very creative and fun to use.As an all-in-one- editing software I even exported the final movie using the built in Quicktime add on.

Feedback: Facebook was used to share my video and to receive feedback on Youtube, the ideal combination combined all of my existing friends with the perfect medium to watch and share the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment